Sessional Luton LGBT Health and Wellbeing Officer
As the LGBT Health and Wellbeing Officer you help with planning and attending events, facilitating LGBT awareness sessions, providing one-to-one support to the LGBT community and other tasks and activities relevant to the role.
- Outreach work at LGBT specific venues such as at bars, clubs and saunas
- Local community engagement in a variety of different settings, including local venues, community centres, public events, schools and colleges
- Help to raise awareness and to reduce stigma on LGBT issues
- To support service users on a peer or champion basis in group settings
- Represent the Identity service at community events and running outreach stalls
- Facilitate presentations about the charity and issues faced by the LGBT community
- Deliver LGBT awareness sessions to professionals, parents and young people
- Provide one to one information and support to the LGBT community
- Ensure a high quality of data entry to the sexual health/client service database and that service monitoring reports accurately reflect service performance.
Perform any other organisational and team duties as may be assigned by the Identity Lead.